- 4 cups peeled and diced butternut squash
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 Onions, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup of quinoa, rinsed
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 T fresh or dried sage
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of Cornflour
- ½ cup plant based milk (I used Almond)
- 3/4 Cup Breadcrumbs
For Cashew Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Cashew nuts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/3 cup Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a large baking sheet with Greaseproof paper. Add butternut squash and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes
- Heat olive oil (or oil of your choice) in saucepan over a medium heat. Add onions and sage and cook for 8 minutes or until onions have softened. Add in garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add in quinoa and squash and stir for another minute
- Add in broth, black pepper, sea salt and cayenne pepper. Bring to a simmer and then reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Be sure to check often.
- Move the quinoa mixture to an oven proof dish. In a small bowl, combine plant based milk and corn flour and pour over the quinoa mixture.
- To make the cashew cheese, combine all ingredients in a blender and mix to desired consistency. Layer over top of mixture and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Thanks for reading.
London Vegan Bird
Don’t forget to Follow my Blog by clicking on the button below