There’s nothing quite so English as a traditional Afternoon tea and as always there’s an equally as delicious (if not more delicious) vegan version that is super simple to make.
Ingredients (makes 12)
450g (1lb) Self-raising flour
2 Tsp Baking powder
75g (3oz) Vegan margarine
75g (3oz) Caster sugar
100g (4oz) Sultanas
1 Tsp Cornflour
2 Tbs Plant Based milk
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C Fan/gas 7
- Measure flour, baking powder and margarine out and place in bowl.Rub mixture together with fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in sultanas and sugar.
- Now, stir together Plant based milk of your choice (I used soya) together with the Cornflour. Add to mixture and stir together until combined into fairly moist dough.
- Lightly sprinkle worktop or board with flour and roll out dough. Kneed until smooth and soft. Roll to about 1 inch thick and using a round fluted scone cutter, stamp out 12 scones. (depending on size of cutter)
- Serve with marg and jam of your choice and don’t forget the tea.
Thanks for reading.
London Vegan Bird
Come and be my virtual friend:
Check out my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/londonveganbird
Follow me on Twitter @londonveganbird
Follow me on Instagram: London Vegan Bird