So here’s my first recipe post, which is actually something I did a few months back and enjoyed outside when the sun was shining. Yes, that wonderful warm summer seems like a distant memory. Ah well. I can still recreate one of my favourite lunches for the cold, winter months.
2 Wholemeal Pitta Breads
1 Tin Chickpeas
3 Table Spoons Vegan Mayonnaise of your choice (I used Plamil’s Egg Free)
2 Spring Onions
1 Stick of Celery
Half a tin of Sweetcorn
Salt and Pepper
1.Cut pitta pockets in half and put in toaster.
2. Drain chickpeas and rinse thoroughly.Transfer to bowl and mash with fork or potato masher. Alternatively, you can give them a whizz in a food processor/blender if you would like a more together consistency.
3. Cut up Spring Onion and Celery into small pieces. Drain sweetcorn and combine all with chickpea mixture.
4. Add approximately 3 Tablespoons of Vegan mayo (to taste). Add a sprinkling of salt and pepper and mix well.
5. Half mixture in between the 2 Pittas and pat firmly.
6. Put under grill, turning half way through. I like mine a little crispy on top.
This healthy and filling lunch recipe couldn’t be easier. It completely satisfies any craving for egg/tuna and mayo sandwiches. Let me know what you think.
Thanks for reading.
London Vegan Bird
Follow me on Twitter @Londonveganbird